Total Pageviews

Friday, December 26, 2014

Witty Quotations by Others, and a few by me!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future." Cloud Atlas

Quote of the day: "Your TALENT tells me what you can do. Your ARTISTRY tells me who you are." -Keith Urban on American Idol

"Robert cherishes those who give him even the most fleeting moments of happiness and loves them for it; he expects nothing more." -Robert Robinson

Ok, if you are Sandra Bullock in "While You Were Sleeping", alone on Christmas, wanting your dream man to take you on your Honeymoon, I'm the sweet, kind blonde man patiently standing by, making rocking chairs in the distance. Open your friggin' eyes, Sandra!  --Robert Robinson 12.26.14

Season 7, Episode 5
Quote of the Century:From "True Blood" LaFayette to Jessica:
LaFayette: And if you keep it 100 and honest, you know he is not the man for you...

Jessica: ...Because he is the man for you?

LaFayette: If he is, what is so f-ing unimaginable about that...Red! Huh? Everyone else in this f-ing town is falling in love, getting engaged and having babies. Has it ever occurred to you that Lafayette, that Queen, that make ALL you white heterosexuals laugh and feel good about yourselves, has it f-ing ever occurred to you that maybe I want a piece of happiness too? No....

http://rachelheldevans.com/blog/literalist-gluttony

"I assure you my personal tragedy will not interfere with my ability to do good hair." -Annelle in "Steel Magnolias"

Reference for Diversity Training and Trainers: Research on Intersex births (copyrighted). 

Quote of the Day, From Karen to Grace on "Will and Grace:" "Lord, you are just as simple as that blouse you are wearing!"

The sky is not red. It is blue. And sometimes God sends us a rainbow to remind us that Hope exists for a brighter day!

When I read the book, the biography famous,And is this then (said I) what the author calls a man's life?And so will some one when I am dead and gone write my life?(As if any man really knew aught of my life,Why even I myself I often think know little or nothing of my real life,Only a few hints, a few diffused faint clews and indirectionsI seek for my own use to trace out here.)"  When I Read the Book-Walt Whitman


‎"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown outyour own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition." - Steve Jobs

Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.  --RR

"I ain't nobody's side order!"

Some people have asked me why I would go back and teach Walker HS Band's Color Guard when I had "been there, done that" 35 years ago...here's my answer and I sincerely mean it: A person should give back to the community that helped him/her succeed. I was a country boy from Cordova, a coal mining town with a population of 3000.
BARACK KNOWS THE AMERICAN DREAM BECAUSE HE’S LIVED IT. AND HE WANTS EVERYONE IN THIS COUNTRY TO HAVE THAT SAME OPPORTUNITY, NO MATTER WHO WE ARE, OR WHERE WE’RE FROM, OR WHAT WE LOOK LIKE, OR WHO WE LOVE. AND HE BELIEVES THAT WHEN YOU’VE WORKED HARD, AND DONE WELL, AND WALKED THROUGH THAT DOORWAY OF OPPORTUNITY, YOU DO NOT SLAM IT SHUT BEHIND YOU. YOU REACH BACK, AND YOU GIVE OTHER FOLKS THE SAME CHANCES THAT HELPED YOU SUCCEED."--Michelle Obama


"I think that I shall never see, a poem as lovely as a tree," and "I think that I shall never smell so much pollen that sends my nose to HELL!" -Joyce Kilmer and Robert Robinson!

"We can pepper spray and arrest the Occupy people for wanting real change, but we let the Westboro Baptist Church people get away with vile and disgusting behavior {such as protesting at military soldiers' funerals}" A profound perspective.

"If you didn't hear it with your own ears, or see it with your own eyes, don't invent it with your own small mind, and share it with your big mouth!"

No comments:

Post a Comment