Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 9, 2014

In Fog

I held my coffee cup-
looked out the window.

A fog had blanketed the farm 
and covered the frozen grass.

I could not tell where the land ended
and the river began.

I looked out the window, in the distance
saw a doe and her two fawn.

They knew not of my glance.
But yet they arched and listened.

Mother Nature told them
I was there. 

Here.
In the present. Now.

The fawn ran through the fog
toward their mother.

They leaped in arches and passes.
in arches and passes.

Like dolphins leaping
out of the ocean.

Toward the sun.
Toward the light.

I told you this,
as you lay dying.

Of the cancer
that killed your husband.

And your eyes glinted
And you smiled.

For a moment you smiled.
And forgot the cancer.

The same cancer
That killed your husband.

And you moved
Toward the sun.
Toward the light.


(I wrote this in a fit of nostalgia, for 15 minutes on November 9, 2014, from 12:00 - 12:15, for Margaret Miller, my Marietta mom, who took me under her wing when I began my life in Georgia as a teacher.) The Spirits are moving me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment