Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

13Random Things about Me!


13Random Things about Me!

by Robert Robinson on Friday, January 30, 2009 at 6:10pm ·
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the application then click post).

1) I will start with melancholia: I can't believe that I survived growing up in Deliverance, Alabama, during the 60's Civil Rights Movement and the 70's Disco Era!
2) I lived in a trailer in college. The address was 13 Cherry Street & the phone number was 435-HUMP!
It was the best experience.
3) I miss my college roommate, Therman Mosely. If you ever ate one of his cakes, you will remember how good it tasted.
4) The best part and best memories of my teaching career were first ,COLORGUARD & WINTERGUARD and second, my Shakepeare Students.
5) My best winterguard memory is posing for a group picture in "The Tunnel" at WGI Finals.
6) I taught 7500 English students before finishing teaching in the English classroom! This doesn't count all of my guard girls, band members, college students, and band camp students!
7) I love our farm in Alabama--it is tranquil, bucolic, and private. It was a Cherokee Indian Reservation a 100 years before us, and they called it "The Valley of No Storms."
8) When a group of three people are together, there is always "the smart one", "the pretty one," and "the slut!" Choose groups wisely. LOL
9) I prefer being "surrounded by the best" because I am in good company. Number 1 always stands alone.
10) I am blessed to have a great family.
11) I have travelled to Europe: 7 times with students and 4 times with friends. My favorite place on earth is VENICE, Italy; it is the most tranquil. Then Rome, most passionate; Then Florence, most reflective;and the Greek Isles are most spectacular.
12) Beware of "contaminated advice" from false friends and mates--they will play upon your worst fears because they are jealous of what you cherish in your heart. Literature shows this to be true. It is the Iago or Iaga [Iago-ette], that will turn your life into a tragedy. [Friends are jealous of spouses; spouses are jealous of friends]
13)That said, I am blessed to have great friends and a circle who continuously look out for my best interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment