Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 25, 2021

Robert Robinson's Philosophy of Education 2015 edited #inclusion

 

I believe in the Vision and Mission of equality and inclusion. I believe in compliance with local, state and federal laws. I believe that an atmosphere of inclusion is empowering. I do not believe in “My way or the Highway!” 

I believe in equal treatment, and equal access for all students. I believe that students should not be excluded based on race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, body size, financial resources, or belief systems. I feel that students should have the opportunity to grow, learn, and develop their best personal self.

I believe in rigor with relevance, teaching students higher order thinking skills, explaining the how and why behind their instruction, in quality over quantity; and allowing students to become engaged learners.

I believe in teaching students to be respectful of their peers, the adults in the community and society at large, and to be respectful to all of their instructors. I believe in treating everyone with respect.

I believe that students should have equal access to equal educational opportunities, resources, equipment, learning tools, building access, and funding.

I believe in collaborative learning and teaming. I believe that if the learners participate in the creative process and innovation, they move into researched, brain-based, higher order thinking and learning.

I believe in teaching and instructing the student/learners. Whether they are writing an essay, learning to dance, playing an instrument, scientifically investigating, learning about non-discrimination and inclusion, or even twirling a flag, saber, or rifle, I believe that researched-based instruction and learning goals are paramount. I believe that having these skill sets led me to gaining knowledge in my career as an educator and as a continuous learner myself.  

I believe that winter color guard is no different than any other small music ensemble, such as trombone choir, trumpet choir, string quartet, or vocal quartet.  Equal opportunity is mandated by law, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, abilities, for all Federally funded programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment